EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
University Of Kentucky Center For Applied Energy Research – Lexington, KY
Associate Director and General Manager, October 1989 to Present
Manage day-to-day operations of a 150+ member multidisciplinary research laboratory devoted to developing technologies for the utilization of fossil and biomass energy resources for electric power generation, fuels and chemicals, and associated environmental concerns. Have served in various capacities, including responsibilities for finance and HR; new business development; technology transfer and licensing; media and communications; facilities; energy and environmental policy; and government and international relations.
Kentucky Energy Cabinet – Frankfort, Ky
Director, Kentucky Solar Bank, and Energy Program Manager, July 1985 to October 1989
As Director, Kentucky Solar Bank, managed a financing program for new construction and energy conservation improvements for the residential, commercial and agricultural sectors. Responsible for:
· Extensive contacts with property owners, utilities, financial institutions, and builders and contractors.
· Project review and approval.
· Funds disbursement, fiscal control, and financial forecasting and reporting.
· Also responsible for emergency planning, utility demand and supply-side management, and new programs for biomass, alcohol fuels and alternative fuel vehicles.
Kentucky Natural Resources & Environmental Protection Cabinet – Frankfort, Ky
Supervisor, Management Planning Section, Division of Water, March 1980 to July 1985
Supervised staff in implementation of nonpoint source water quality management, groundwater, water withdrawal, drought management, dam safety, and wild and scenic rivers programs. Duties included:
· Monitoring/problem assessment of agriculture, forestry, mining, oil and gas and construction land uses.
· Regulations development and economic impact assessments.
· Public and constituent relations, marketing and public education.
· Grants and contracts preparation - work planning, scheduling and budgeting.
· Serving as Public Hearing Officer.
University Of Kentucky College Of Agriculture – Lexington, Ky
Student Intern, Departments of Ag. Engineering and Ag. Economics, March 1976 to March 1980
· As a student intern during college:
· Investigated, collected and digitized demographic, economic, energy, natural resource and land use information for a statewide computer database.
· Involved in the construction/fabrication of prototype technologies and subsequent testing and experimentation of a variety of agricultural tillage, production mechanization and agronomy projects.
· Time and motion studies, field and farm testing, and analysis of material properties/durability.
XtremeCarbons, Inc. – Lexington, KY
Co-Founder, Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, 2007 to Present (Part-time)
The Lexington Carbon Company, LLC – Lexington, KY
Co-Founder, Member-Manager, September 1999 to February 2011 (Part-time)
Advanced Separation And Adsorption Products, Inc. – Lexington, Ky
Co-Founder, Director, Chief Financial Officer ('93-'99), President and Chief Executive Officer ('99-01), October 1993 to September 2001 (Part-time)
SmartMaterials, Inc. – Lexington, KY
Co-Founder, Director, Secretary-Treasurer, September 1991 to October 1993 (Part-time)
Xavier University - Cincinnati, OH.
Masters of Business Administration/Finance, Strategic Planning and Organizational Development, 1988
University Of Kentucky – Lexington, KY
Bachelor of Science/Natural Resource & Environmental Economics, 1979